Working at Dezan Shira & Associates is about growth. That means developing skills, making a difference, and achieving goals to help colleagues and clients reach new heights.
Senior Accountant, Internal Financial Department
Location: Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City
Function: Office Finance
Principal Responsibilities: (Essential Functions)
- Responsible for the full set of accounting in 3A, Misa system, and ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics AX), including revenue, expense, payroll, and the intercompany AP/AR, etc. Ensure complete and accurate bookkeeping of all transactions, review the supporting documents attached to each transaction, and make sure all transactions tally with Vietnam tax & accounting laws as well as the company’s internal control policy.
- Deal with weekly payment review and processing, including staff reimbursement, vendor payment, and office expenses, and ensure the expense applied is authorized properly and is consistent with the budget. Prepare the payment via online banking.
- Reconcile the account receivable (AR) detail report with the AR GL balance periodically, and be familiar with the AR situation of each service team. Communicate with the service team managers regarding the variance arising from client payments and make reasonable adjustments when necessary. Review the monthly AR aging report, summarize the issues, and follow up on the improvement with the service team managers.
- Complete monthly accounting close timely and ensure the GL accounts are reconciled. Complete the bank reconciliation at the end of the month. Review the financial reports that generate from the accounting system, and make sure the figures are reasonable. Check the actual vs. budget variance and note the reason for the variance.
- Be familiar with the ERP system, follow up on the internal control procedures in the ERP, and check the transaction details periodically to ensure accuracy and completeness. Collect and follow up on the issues related to the procedure & operation in ERP. Assist the Finance Controller to optimize the daily procedure and ERP system continuously.
- Support collecting and preparing the annual financial budget under the Group Finance Controller’s instruction, follow up the budget control, refresh the monthly Power BI revenue, AR, report monthly, review the figures, and ensure that the report shares with the service teams are accurate and completed, support the Group Finance Controller to complete the KPI calculation at end of the year.
- Responsible for being appointed as Chief Accountant. Deal with annual inspections, and other relevant visits and reports from the local authorities.
- Deal with the monthly tax filling and annual CIT filling, follow up the company license renew when needed, deal with HR document filling that required by the social insurance bureau as needed, knowledgeable in PIT and be able to answer queries about PIT from the office staff.
- Work with the external auditor to complete the financial statement audit timely, support the group finance on the group consolidated financial audit for providing documents related to DSA VN, support group CFO to complete the internal control audit when needed.
- Ad hoc jobs assigned by the supervisor and group finance.
Skills and Experience
- Certified Chief Accountant in Vietnam, experienced in tax filling and knowledgeable in tax inspection.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience preferably related industries
- Experienced in ERP systems, experience in Microsoft Dynamic AX is preferred.
- Good professional quality and professional ethics.
- Must be proactive, analytical, meticulous, organized, and reliable.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Good EXCEL skill and familiar with data analysis.
- Bachelor or above degree, major in accounting or financial management is preferred.
- Possession of the certificate of accounting professional