Our collection of resources based on what we have learned on the ground
- Title: Individual Income Tax for Expats 2020: Resolving Compliance Issues
- Date: December 10th, 2020
With the end of the year fast approaching, foreign individuals working in China and their companies should begin to address any Individual Income Tax (IIT) issues they or their foreign employees may have. The Covid-19 pandemic and accompanying travel restrictions have made dealing with IIT issues for foreigners more complicated.
For companies, this is the time for your HR and finance departments to address any IIT compliance issues for 2020 and confirm foreign employees’ IIT arrangements for next year.
For foreign nationals, if you have been stuck overseas due to the pandemic, you will need to reassess your 2020 China presence days and complete any needed IIT filings or adjustments for the year.
In this webinar, Katrina Huang, HR & Payroll Assistant Manager, gives an overview of China’s IIT policies and regulations and breaks down common compliance issues for expats and their possible solutions.
- PRC IIT policy and regulations regarding expats (after PRC IIT reform)
- IIT Annual Tax Reconciliation (after PRC IIT reform)
- Compliance issues caused by change in China tax residency status for expats
- IIT arrangements for expats in the post Covid-19 Era
< BACK TO LIBRARY
Subscribe to receive latest insights directly to your inboxSubscribe Now