Post Pandemic Outlook on ASEAN 6
Seminar | November 17, 2022 | 9:00 - 11:00 AM SingaporeRegister
With the pandemic recovery in full swing in South-East Asia, many ASEAN nations are recording pre-pandemic levels of economic growth. Emerging Asian economies are projected to expand by 5.8% on average in 2022 and by 5.2% in 2023. Growth in real gross domestic product (GDP) is forecast to be 5.2% for the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in 2022 and 5.2% in 2023, albeit with countries in the region varying in the pace of their recoveries. Indeed, economic growth in ASEAN will range from -0.3% in Myanmar to 7.0% in the Philippines in 2022 according to OECD data.
The strong recovery and market opportunities are leading many international companies to push into the region, but what is the outlook for ASEAN powerhouse economies like Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore in detail?
In this seminar at the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Singapore, Riccardo Benussi, Director of Europe, and David Stepat, Senior Business Advisory Manager, outline market opportunities for business growth and will take an in-depth look at the regulatory and business environments in leading ASEAN markets.
Key topics include:
- Outlook and growth opportunities for select ASEAN markets in 2023 (Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines, Malaysia, and Singapore)
- Regulatory and business updates
- The impact of the world’s largest free trade agreement, RCEP, on growth in the region
- Key industry focus (retail, manufacturing, F&B, sourcing)
- Organic vs Inorganic growth