International Business Advisory Intern (German Speaking)
Location: China, Shanghai, Beijing, Qingdao
Function: International Business Advisory
Role: Assistant (Intern)
Locations: Beijing, Shanghai, Qingdao
Type of internship: German International Business Advisory
Duration: 3 to 6 months
Providing assistance on the German Desk:
- Conducting research on legal, tax and finance matters in China and in the wider Asia region.
- Writing articles in German and/or English related to foreign direct investment (FDI) in China and in the wider Asia region.
- Producing other forms of marketing content as required.
- Translating existing articles and existing marketing material from English into German.
- Assistance with the management of existing relationships with German Desk partners and German Desk clients.
- Assistance with the development of new relationships with potential German Desk partners and potential German Desk clients.
Providing assistance on the International Business Advisory (IBA) team:
- Assist the business development team in all aspects of client development and account management
- Assist in organizing prospective client meetings and documenting discussions
- Prepare power point presentations, proposals and engagement contracts for prospective clients
- Conduct client development–related research projects
- Attend client development events and serve as a representative of Dezan Shira & Associates
- Conceive on and carry out individual research projects and produce well-written reports
- Research and outreach for local business organizations for cooperation and partnership opportunities
- Customer Relationship Management
- Administrative tasks as necessary or helpful from time to time
Qualifications & skills required
- Strong English and German-language writing and speaking skills
- Communication skills, and desire to meet and interact with Western businessmen
- Knowledge of tax, accounting, law and foreign investment
- Business development and sales skills and experience
- Detail-oriented, sense of responsibility and commitment to a team
- Interest in the Asia business and investment environment
- Proactive worker that demonstrate initiative
- Graduate or currently studying for a university degree, business or law major (desirable but not required)
Please send your application, including CV and cover letter with preferred starting date (available period of internship ) and your current Chinese visa to firstname.lastname@example.org