Ines Liu Shares Insights on UK-China Medical Devices at the British Embassy’s Roundtable in Beijing
- The UK-China Medical Devices Market Access roundtable, hosted by the British Embassy in China, was successfully held in Beijing.
- Multiple industry experts, including Ines Liu, Senior Manager from Dezan Shira & Associates’ International Business Advisory Team, analyzed the opportunities and challenges for UK medical device companies entering the Chinese market from various angles.
The British Embassy in China recently hosted the roundtable “UK-China Medical Devices Market Access: Unleash Your Export Potential” in Beijing. The event focused on the challenges and opportunities that British medical device companies face while entering the Chinese market. Ines Liu, Senior Manager from Dezan Shira & Associates’ International Business Advisory Team, was invited to share her insights on the Chinese MedTech industry and regulatory landscape.
Tom Duke, Deputy Head of Mission at the British Embassy, highlighted the complementary advantages of the UK and China in the medical device and equipment industry and emphasized the importance of cultivating the rapidly growing but challenging Chinese market.
In the following round table discussions, Ines discussed the key driving forces that are reshaping the Chinese medical devices industry, such as the aging population and the concept of universal health, which offer opportunities for British companies to enter the market. She also suggested that British companies focus on medical innovation and industry ecosystems in key cities along the Yangtze River Economic Belt, including but not limited to Shanghai, Suzhou, and Hangzhou.
“In the face of the expanding Chinese medical device market, British companies must adopt a diverse approach to meet the demands of various age groups and respond effectively to industrial policies and regulatory requirements in the rapidly growing Chinese medical device market. The Chinese market offers enormous potential for development, particularly in rural areas and sinking markets, presenting significant opportunities for British firms,” said Ines Liu.
- Publication: Investing in China’s Healthcare Sector
- Sector Insights: Healthcare – Medical Devices
- On-Demand Webinar: Seizing Opportunities in China’s Healthcare Industry: A Guide for Foreign Investors
You can also visit our publication store, Asia Briefing, which houses in-depth business guides and magazines for multiple regions in Asia.