Managing Costs: Optimizing Your Workforce and Tax Avoidance in China
Event-On-Site | Tuesday, November 28, 2023 | 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM China
Cost management remains a prominent concern for foreign businesses operating in China in 2023, especially for manufacturers and SMEs facing economic uncertainties and tax-related challenges.
In today's rapidly changing business landscape, effective risk management directly translates into costs. To enhance business resilience, companies must adhere to several key components and tactical approaches for cost management in China.
In this seminar, Shirley Chu, Manager with Tax Advisory Service team and Simon Laube, Assistant Manager with the International Business Advisory team, at Dezan Shira & Associates, will share valuable insights on cost control solutions from tax, HR, and business perspectives, with a particular focus on China-specific tax avoidance arrangements and workforce optimization.
- An overview of the latest economic trends affecting businesses in China.
- Sustainable workforce structure
- The key drivers of workforce optimization: cyclical versus structural
- A comparison of flexible employment methods
- Options for effective labor cost management
- Manage tax avoidance arrangements
- The concept of tax avoidance arrangements as defined by Chinese tax authorities.
- The standard procedures for special tax investigations triggered by tax avoidance arrangements lacking reasonable commercial purposes.
- Practical recommendations to help businesses mitigate tax risks associated with these arrangements.
- Summary and takeaways
This executive discussion session is organized by European Chamber of Commerce Nanjing Chapter.
- European Chamber member: 200 RMB
- Non-member: 400 RMB
For any enquiries, please contact EUCCC Nanjing Office via firstname.lastname@example.org.