Working at Dezan Shira & Associates is about growth. That means developing skills, making a difference, and achieving goals to help colleagues and clients reach new heights.
Marketing Assistant – Australian Desk
Location: China, Beijing
Role: Assistant (Intern)
Function: Marketing and Business Development
Duration: 3-6 months
Dezan Shira & Associates (DSA) is a specialist foreign direct investment practice with a pan-Asia presence. DSA has grown into one of Asia's most versatile full-service consultancies, primarily providing legal, tax, and operational advisory to international corporate investors, from our more than 20 offices across Mainland China, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Singapore, Indonesia and India. DSA’s subsidiary Asia Briefing (AB), publishes business news and analysis in the form of articles and magazines which are regionally focused through its sub-brands, China Briefing, Vietnam Briefing, ASEAN Briefing, India Briefing and others.
Position Overview: This role helps our Australian Desk team to research and work with marketing and partner channels, in order to develop audiences, interest and opportunities for the company. The Australian Desk is a special advisory team within DSA that supports Australian companies setting up and operating in Asia. If you have a relevant marketing or communications background and are motivated to develop and apply your skills in this role, we would like very much to speak with you!
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assist with the marketing of Dezan Shira & Associates services and products to the Australian market
- Coordinate, develop and maintain relationships with Australian Desk partners and potential clients
- Create and development content needed by the team – includes presentations, articles (related to China-Australia trade and/or Australian business to other Asia countries), etc.
- Organize and coordinate marketing campaigns and activities, including but not limited to events, media sponsorships, multimedia and syndication
- Research and report on related industries and trends
- Track and analyze of marketing efforts and strategies
- Improve publication distribution channels and database
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed
Qualifications and Skills:
- An outgoing personality who is able to work independently under deadline,
- A good communicator and team player;
- An organized person with attention to detail and skills in project coordination, time management and multi-tasking;
- Understanding of Asia business environment, and interest in B2B marketing and Asia’s legal, tax and business environment;
- Some experience with social media platforms, and writing professional posts is strongly preferred;
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
*Applicants must meet the requirements to work as an intern pursuant to China's labor law. Candidates should define preferred starting date (available period of internship) and current Chinese visa status.
DSA is committed to a diverse work environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. DSA is a proud equal opportunity employer.
The position is an ideal opportunity for individuals that would like to work in a positive, constructive, and supportive environment. We also provide a local stipend for basic costs.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV along with your available start and end date to Ines Liu via firstname.lastname@example.org . Please also confirm that you meet the visa requirements. A cover letter is also encouraged but not required.