The Importance of Singapore for American Companies
- Title: The Importance of Singapore for American Companies
- Date: October 9th, 2013
Dezan Shira & Associates Founder, Chris Devonshire-Ellis, provides insight into the opportunities for American companies in Singapore. Mr. Devonshire-Ellis discusses the current business environment, free trade agreements (current and future), and the American community in the country.
• Financial and services hub of South-East Asia, member of ASEAN.
2. What FTA does ASEAN have?
• Free trade agreement with China.
• Regional comprehensive economic partnership negotiations coming to an end.
3. How do American companies qualify to take advantage of ASEAN?
• Setting up a company in ASEAN
• Setting up a Singaporean subsidiary. Cost, services, etc.
4. What would be the advantages of choosing Singapore over Hong Kong?
• Singapore is a member of ASEAN and Honk Kong is not.
• Hong Kong is a financial and services hub for Mainland China and Financial and services hub of South-East Asia.
5. What is the extent of the American community in Singapore?
• Very sizeable diplomatic mission.
• American Department of Commerce, American Chamber of Commerce and American club are very vibrant and active institutions in Singapore.
< BACK TO LIBRARY