Our collection of resources based on what we have learned on the ground
- Title: Automobiles in EVFTA: How Foreign Investors Can Qualify for Preferential Tariffs
- Date: December 22nd, 2020
With a rapidly expanding market fuelled by a fast-growing middle-class, Vietnam has been an attractive destination for major automobile manufacturers from Japan, Korea, US, and the EU for several years. The EU-Vietnam free trade agreement (EVFTA), which came into effect on August 1, 2020, has made the market even more promising for European manufacturers since high tariffs imposed on EU automobile exports will be eliminated after seven to 10 years to enable full access to the market and increase the competitiveness of EU manufacturers.
Considering this opportunity, we spotlight the automobile sector in Vietnam in the last episode of our EVFTA Series: How Foreign Investors Can Qualify for Preferential Tariffs. The webinar, as usual, was conducted by Do Thanh Huyen, Business Intelligence Assistant Manager. It covers the following key insights:
- An overview of the automobile industry in Vietnam;
- Emerging opportunities and challenges for automotive enterprises with the EVFTA in effect; and,
- How EU investors can qualify for preferential tariffs and fully benefit from EVFTA.
For a copy of the presentation, please click the download button.
We hope you find the webinar helpful. Should you have any further concerns or questions when applying the solutions brought up in the webinar, please do not hesitate to contact us.
< BACK TO LIBRARY