Re-location in China: Site Selection, Legal, HR & Tax Considerations
Shenzhen, China | June 28, 2018
In China, problems with a foreign entity’s business can occur for a variety of reasons. Labor costs have increased rapidly. Tax incentives and the way in which foreign direct investments (FDI) are treated in a particular industry in different regions are updated and altered.
To better adapt to these trends, an increasing number of foreign invested enterprises (FIEs) in China choose to relocate their business from first-tier cities which are generally subject to high operating expenses, strict regulations and fierce competition, to smaller cities with lower labor costs, tax incentives and less-saturated markets.
On June 28, experts from Dezan Shira & Associate’s International Business Advisory, Legal and Tax teams will host an exclusive client seminar on business relocation in China. In the seminar, these teams will provide their insights on the current market trends in respect to relocations as well as how businesses can best manage the process.
- Common reasons for relocation
- Regional opportunities and the role of Belt and Road (OBOR)
- Key metrics to consider when determining a relocation strategy
- Laws and regulations in relation to relocation
- Labor issues involved in the relocation project
- Key steps and major tax implications
- Practical case sharing and advice
- 2:30-3:00 Registration & Networking
- 3:00-3:30 Introduction and reasons for relocation by Valeria Manunza
- 3:30-4:10 Legal and HR considerations for relocation by Lucy Liu
- 4:10-4:20 Tea Break
- 4:20-5:00 Tax considerations for relocation by Amber Liu
- 5:00-5:30 Q&A and Networking
To register for this event, please click here.