How to Make the Best Use of Your Licensing Agreement in China?
Webinar | Thursday, September 23, 2021 | 4:00 PM China / 3:00 PM Vietnam / 10:00 AM CET
With a licensing agreement, the licensor grants the licensee a specific right to use their brand, patent, or trademark so that the licensor may retains the ownership rights to the licensed item, while getting a form of royalty fee upon use.
There are many things that need to be taken into considerations when drafting a licensing agreement between two parties. For example: What types of agreement exist, and which should you use? What are the items you need to cover within your agreement? Are there any additional tax considerations you need to be aware of?
It is essential to consider the legal aspect of such a transaction, take proper tax advice, and gather local knowledge before building such relationships.
In this webinar, Jenny Liao, Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting Services in Dezan Shira & Associates and Eric Su, Senior Partner of HongFangLaw will talk about how to draft a licensing agreement that benefits all parties, from both a tax and a legal perspective.
Introduction of licensing agreements from a tax perspective
- a. Introduction on types of licensing agreements
- b. General tax implications for licensing agreements in China
- c. Additional tax considerations for licensing agreements
- d. Transfer pricing considerations related to licensing agreements
- e. Procedures for cross-border license fee payment
Introduction of licensing agreements from a legal perspective
- Introduction on the licensing practice in China
- Best practice for negotiating a licensing agreement
- Concerns to be aware of for the licensee or licensor
- Potential disputes arising from licensing agreements
- Best practices on how to deal with the disputes in China and abroad
This webinar is held in partnership with HongFangLaw and is FREE of charge. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Dana Pang. We look forward to having you join us in this webinar and answering any questions you might have on the subject.
To register for this webinar, please click below.