China's PIPL: How To Be Compliant From A Legal and Technical Perspective
Seminar | Monday, December 13, 2021 | 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM | Shanghai, China
This seminar has been cancelled due to the developing pandemica situation.
China’s historic Personal Information Protection Law (PIPL) took effect on November 1, 2021. The PIPL is a significant first for the country and is expected to have profound impacts on both local and foreign invested companies doing business in and with China.
Likely to be strictly implemented, many companies are already voicing concerns about coming into compliance with the new regulations.
To help companies better prepare, Dentons and Dezan Shira & Associates present a comprehensive overview of the PIPL from a legal and technical perspective.
First, Ken Dai, Partner at Dentons, will introduce the PIPL from a legal perspective and explain several key considerations to take to build a roadmap for compliance. Following, Thomas Zhang, IT Director from Dezan Shira & Associates, will shed light on the IT aspects and talk about how to comply with PIPL from a technical perspective.
- Key Topics from a Legal Perspective:
- Navigating the Increasingly Complicated Legal Regime of Data Protection
- Understanding Who Are the Various Enforcement Authorities
- More Severe Legal Liabilities
- How to build up the ad hoc data compliance program
- Typical compliance issues: HR Management / Data Cross-border Transfer / Handle Data Breach
- Looking Forward
- Key Topics from a Technical Perspective:
- Common IT compliance requirements and potential risks
- Potential impact of PIPL on IT infrastructure and operations
- How to conduct a Personal Information Protection Impact Assessment (PIPIA)
- Overview of information security and privacy protection
- How to manage privacy protection and its process
This seminar is free and held in partnership with Dentons.
If you have any questions, please contact Dana Pang. We look forward to having you join us in this seminar and answering any questions you might have on the subject.
For more information and registration please click below: