China’s 2022 Economic & Social Policies from the Two Sessions
Webinar | March 30, 2022 | 3:00 PM EST / 12:00 PM PST / 9:00 PM CEST
The Chinese government faces enormous domestic challenges, such as ensuring economic recovery, a necessary shift in Covid-19 strategy, and a demographic crisis. The International arena too, is proving no less challenging with a worsening relationship with the West and now, another major geopolitical event with one of its closer allies.
This month, senior officials will be meeting to discuss how to tackle these domestic and foreign issues. The results of this meeting, known as the Two Sessions, will provide a roadmap for the year’s economic and social development.
What we expect to see:
- China’s 2022 economic growth targets announced
- New economic policies unveiled or existing ones strengthened
- Clarity on China’s 2022 Covid-19 strategy
- Policies supporting carbon emission reduction
- Measures aimed to help achieve common prosperity
- Tactics to help reverse a declining birth rate
In this webinar, Partner at Dezan Shira & Associates, Kyle Freeman, will recap the outcomes of this year’s Two Sessions. He will discuss any shifts in current strategy and policies, any surprises, and how all of it may impact your business in and with China.
This webinar is free to join. If you have any questions, please contact Holly McCleery.