2019 Business Confidence Survey Launch Events
Wednesday 5 June | 9:45 - 12:30 | Shenzhen China
Dezan Shira&Associates is delighted to invite you to the launch of the European Business in China – Business Confidence Survey 2019, on 5 June in Shenzhen. You will learn about the findings of this year’s survey, as well as the key challenges and the business perspective from the South China members’ point of view.
Although European companies in China continued to perform well in 2018, navigating the economic slowdown and trying to compete against a resurgent state-owned sector, while straight-jacketed by red tape, is proving a considerable challenge.
- Some market access barriers may have been lowered on the 2018 negative list, but behind-the-door barriers still block many European firms from providing the goods and services their customers demand.
- Competitive neutrality’ may be the buzzword of the day, but SOEs remain omnipresent and highly privileged.
- Compelled tech transfers continue to be an issue in spite of official prohibition, with a concerning number taking place even as the survey was being conducted.
- The China market remains dynamic and important in the eyes of European business that see opportunities despite the regulation-induced headaches.
Join us on 5th June to learn about the results of the European Business in China Business Confidence Survey 2019 and get access to the data and trends that reflect the outlook of European firms, and the opportunities and challenges that they see in the China market.
9:45am - 10:30am Welcome guests, registration and networking
10:30am - 10:35am Welcome remarks by Francine Hadjisotiriou, General Manager, European Chamber, South China Chapter
10:35am - 10:45am Survey methodology presented by Laurent Doucet , Principal at Roland Berger Hong Kong office
10:45am – 11:10am Business Confidence Survey key findings presentation by George Lau, European Chamber Vice President and Chairman of the Board, South China Chapter
11:10am – 11:55am Engaging in a debate with the audience followed by a Q&A with the panel of experts, moderated by Alberto Vettoretti
11：55pm - 12:10pm Lucky draw given by Olga Ivashchenko, Membership Manager
12:10pm - 12:15pm Closing remarks
12:15pm - 12:30pm Networking resumes
12:30pm BCS Launch ends
All attendees will receive a free hardcopy of the Business Confidence Survey 2019.
- The free ticket is offered to the company representative who physically completed the survey and is not transferable. If you have a doubt about your free ticket, Please contact Olga Ivashchenko
- Francine Hadjisotiriou General Manager of the European Chamber South China Chapter
- Laurent Doucet Principal at Roland Berger Strategy Consultants Greater China
- George Lau Vice President China, Chairman of the South China chapter board,General Manager of TÜV Rheinland Greater China Products Accreditation and Certification
- Alberto Vettoretti Former Chairman, South China Chapter, European Chamber; Managing Partner, Dezan Shira & Associates
Price: Members: 200 | Non-members: 400
For more event information, please kindly contact Ting Ren