Working at Dezan Shira & Associates is about growth. That means developing skills, making a difference, and achieving goals to help colleagues and clients reach new heights.
Senior Editor, Editorial and Research
Location: Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City
Function: Asia Briefing Editorial
Dezan Shira & Associates (DSA) is a specialist foreign direct investment practice with a pan-Asia presence. The firm has grown into one of Asia's most versatile full-service consultancies with over 25 offices in Vietnam, Singapore, Indonesia, China, India, and across the world.
Editorial analysts work within the firm’s Asia Briefing (AB) Editorial & Research team to monitor and analyze foreign investment and business-related information and write, edit, and publish business intelligence targeted for foreign investors with planned or existing operations in emerging Asia. AB publishes business news and analysis, including articles and magazines covering legal, tax, and operational advisory for its audiences of international corporate investors interested in Vietnam and ASEAN countries, China, and India.
We are currently recruiting an editor to research, write, and lead our Vietnam Briefing (VB) publications platform, which is a leading source of English business news and analyses in the region. This role combines aspects of business-focused grounded research journalism, familiarity with corporate laws and taxation policies, and a focus on producing insights for foreign investors with an emphasis on the practical side of doing business in Vietnam. We are interested in speaking with candidates who are experienced in these areas, can work well independently and as part of a team, and are seeking to apply themselves within a fun and entrepreneurial environment, ideally based in our Ho Chi Minh City office.
- Monitor business, industry, economic, and financial news in Asian markets, with a focus primarily upon Vietnam.
- Create, pitch, and develop content ideas for the AB content network, primarily for Vietnam.
- Help to manage the weekly content schedule for VB.
- Draft and edit articles independently to a high professional standard for VB online publications, magazines, and business guides.
- Attend events, conferences, lectures, etc. in line with ongoing research or to produce business-relevant content.
- Execute magazine and guide production to deadline and work with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with design, digital marketing, and web development for publications.
- Work proactively with Vietnam local marketing, business intelligence, and service managers to ensure that content meets service requirements.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Excellent or native level of English writing, reading, and comprehension skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Educational background in Journalism, PR & Communications, Business, Law, Economics, Regional or Political Studies (A background in tax may be an asset.)
- Minimum two years’ experience in formal research, analysis, editorial, and international business issues
- Demonstrable understanding and interest in Vietnam’s economic, regulatory, sector-wise, and international business environment
- Ability to produce professional research on complex issues and developments
- Ability to work independently in a deadline-driven environment
- Interest in leading a well-known business publication in Vietnam
- Interest in working with a multinational corporation
- Preference will be given to current residents of Vietnam
Senior editors typically conduct research, manage interns, collaborate with technical service professionals, write at least three articles a week, and develop regional intelligence content and thematic specialization, such as content on tax, legal, regulatory, macroeconomic, trade, government policy, human resources, and payroll topics.
The position is an ideal opportunity for individuals that would like to work in a positive, constructive, and supportive environment.
DSA is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. DSA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Applications should include a cover letter that does not exceed 300 words (please indicate dates of availability and salary expectations) and a CV that does not exceed two pages. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide a writing sample and complete a short writing exercise.
If you are interested in this position, please login and apply below or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.