Working at Dezan Shira & Associates is about growth. That means developing skills, making a difference, and achieving goals to help colleagues and clients reach new heights.
International Business Advisory Associate
Location: Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City
Function: International Business Advisory
- Meet independently or as a team with existing or potential clients to introduce DSA’s services, to discuss client needs, and to advise on strategic business legal, tax, accounting, and IT issues affecting their business plans;
- Prepare service proposals and legal contracts and follow up with potential or existing clients to conclude agreements for the provision of services;
- Serve as a representative of DSA at business and community events;
- Expand DSA’s client base and consolidate the basis of its partnership locally and internationally as needed;
- Conceive of and develop new services together with colleagues.
Project and Account Management
- Research and stay up to date with Vietnam (and ASEAN) foreign direct investment, legal, tax, and accounting regulations and prepare to discuss the application of such research to the client’s situation;
- Through internal discussions and project coordination, work with colleagues to finally deliver services to clients;
- Assist in coordinating deliverables and managing client relationships;
- Systematically communicate with clients about their needs and assist in flagging problems, finding opportunities, and/or assist in reaching the desired outcome, where possible;
Public Relations and Communication
- Develop articles and deliver presentations on matters of foreign investment in China and SE Asia independently or together with teams from the firm (editorial or same team);
- Coordinate and develop relationships with local and international professional firms and organizations to further promote DSA’s services to increase its and Asia Briefing’s exposure (among others, brand, publications, and websites);
- Contribute to and/or oversee Asia Briefing publications and websites in coordination with marketing/editorial colleagues and partnerships;
- Travel locally and internationally to attend/lead events and seminars to promote the firm’s services, develop and maintain relationships with international professional firms and networks for business referrals.
Educational background and technical knowledge
- Bachelor degree or higher, preferably in business-related fields;
- Two to five years of professional work or internship experience;
- Accounting, legal, tax, HR, or IT experience/skills highly desirable;
- Knowledge related to international trade, FDI a plus;
- Awareness of Vietnamese legal, tax, and financial matters highly desirable.
- Excellent spoken and written English and comfortable in presentations;
- Professional working proficiency in a spoken and written European language or in Mandarin (native speakers highly desirable);
- comfortable in presentations;
- Ability to work individually and in a team within a multicultural team and with western business leadership;
- Focused and accurate; ability to work as an excellent team player;
- Professional business demeanor and attitude;
- Effective and persuasive communication;
- Inclined to and initiative driven; ability to initiate projects and think proactively;
- IT knowledge or IT consulting experience for SMEs is a plus.
Location, Start Date, and Salary
- Ho Chi Minh City office
- Starting date: ASAP
- Local contract
- Salary is negotiable depending on working experience and educational background