Working at Dezan Shira & Associates is about growth. That means developing skills, making a difference, and achieving goals to help colleagues and clients reach new heights.
Senior Associate/Manager, International Business Advisory
Location: Other Regions, Manila, Philippines
Function: International Business Advisory
- Meet independently or as a team with existing or potential clients to introduce DSA’s services, to discuss client needs, and to advise on strategic business, operational, legal, tax, and accounting, payroll and IT issues affecting their business plans;
- Prepare service proposals and legal contracts and follow up with potential clients to conclude agreements for the provision of services;
- Manage leads and clients in our proprietary CRM system;
- Act as project leader on multi-discipline and/or multi-country projects
- Serve as a representative of Dezan Shira & Associates at business and community events;
- Expand DSAs client base and represent the firm locally and internationally as needed;
- Expand and build DSA brand in Philippines; and
- Conceive of and develop new services together with DSA colleagues in China and SE Asia
Legal and Accounting Administration:
- Conduct legal, administrative and liaison tasks in order to set up corporate structures in Philippines such as local corporations, foreign-owned companies, branch offices, representative offices, etc. This work will not be done independently but conjunction with our Philippines’ partner(s) firm(s).
- Coordinate with local partners or internally the accounting work for our corporate clients as well as clients’ payroll processing in conjunction with DSA’s payroll team.
- Acting as Company Secretary or resident agent if needed.
- Apply for Work Permits on behalf of our clients and liaising/following up with the Ministry of Manpower to track the status of such applications until their approval.
- Work together with partner(s) firm(s) in order to deliver ad-hoc legal work to the clients, including but not limited legal opinions/reports, contracts and/or litigation matters.
Consulting and Project / Account Management:
- Research Philippines’ foreign direct investment, legal, tax, and accounting, labor and IT regulations and prepare to discuss the application of such research to the client’s situation;
- Work together as needed with other DSA professionals to deliver DSA services to clients;
- Assist in coordinating the completion of deliverables and managing strategic relationships;
- Communicate with clients about their needs and assist in resolving problems to the client’s satisfaction.
Public Relations and Communication:
- Give ideas and contribution to articles, social media and presentations on matters of foreign investment in Philippines independently or together with colleagues;
- Develop to the point of coordinating and developing relationships with local and International professional firms and organizations to further promote DSA’s services and to increase DSA’s exposure and its Asia Briefing publications and websites;
- Developing a solid partnership network with HR firms on a national basis in order to develop our new line of business focused on offshore hiring and employment of record.
- Excellent communication ability and ability to coordinate across departments
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Reliable and accurate; ability to work as a good team player and team leader over cross-department and cross-country projects
- Able to work effectively in a multicultural team and with western and local business leaders;
- Professional business demeanor and attitude
- Effective and persuasive communicator;
- High level of initiative and follow through;
- Friendly, polite and open; Detail oriented；
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably majoring in accounting/tax, law or IT;
- Three to five years of professional work experience;
- Knowledge of Philippines’s investment climate, as well as legal, accounting and tax principles; In addition, knowledge of HR and payroll processes / IT / Internal Control & Management a strong plus.
- Familiarity with business legal issues and legal contracts;
- Experience managing a multi-cultural team and cultivating a strong network of external vendors/partners.
- Competitive salary and career advancement opportunities
- Possibility to travel internationally and visit own home country on business trip
- Being part of a well-known and expanding organization in Asia
- Opportunity to be at the fore-front of strategic advisory in Asia with a talented and expanding team
If you are interested in this position, please login and apply below or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.