Working at Dezan Shira & Associates is about growth. That means developing skills, making a difference, and achieving goals to help colleagues and clients reach new heights.
Location: Other Regions, Dubai
- Main objectives
- Support and report to the Middle East Business Development Team based in Dubai.
- Improve the referral pipeline via independent or supervised research search for potential, qualitative rather than quantitative business partnerships (among others e.g.: business associations, institutions, professional services firms, networks, media).
- In person and/or remotely communicate with new or existing business partners and colleagues to:
- Generate marketing opportunities (among others e.g.: speaking events, B2B events, co-branded publications, be listed as service provider, interviews).
- Find and close referral partners and content-sharing partners.
- Research possible markets and industries to target with marketing campaigns by identifying a specific number of new markets and a marketing plan for each.
- Track and analyze said marketing and business development initiatives and report back to evaluate the health and potential of said pipelines.
- Proactively conduct SWOT (or other) analysis for selected markets to help refine brand placement and strategies leading to sales approaches.
- Based on the above criteria, plan strategic marketing events throughout the year in the EU with other marketing and business development colleagues in Europe and Asia.
- Contribute to composing marketing collaterals, in coordination with the core marketing team.
- Identify and attend networking events and represent the firm with or without a team member, to gather understanding around industry, businesses, specific thought leadership discussed locally and report back to the business development manager.
- Manage and feed distribution channels of Asia Briefing publications in Europe to expand readership.
- Increase Dezan Shira & Associates’ and AsiaBriefing’s brands perception by keeping relations with strategic partners.
- Maintain an understanding of main competitor’s activities.
- Secondary objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing or a related field.
- Experience or genuine interest in Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) towards Asia is a strong plus.
- 2+ years’ proven experience in either business development, public relations, content and digital marketing, social media.
- Experience or proven exposure to business administration around SMEs in Asia is a plus.
- Willingness to travel periodically in the region.
- Flexibility in creating and readjusting marketing efforts sometimes at little notice.
Languages and technical skills
- Native English speaking and writing (experience in plain English and editorial style are a plus).
- Independent in the use of Microsoft Office package and its Cloud ecosystem. Ability in other productivity software tools is a plus.\
- Familiar with digital marketing tools and programs
What we want you to experience and have:
- Start or develop your career in an Asia-driven professional services firm from the strategic marketing angle.
- Work in a highly Asian multicultural environment.
- Become a key person in the strategic marketing of the EU expansion project of a 30-year-old reputed consulting firm in Asia.
- Practice and lead initiatives with immediate impact and small number of reporting lines.
- You will often be exposed to international businesses and institutions and interact with colleagues in at least 10 Asian jurisdictions.
Dezan Shira & Associates is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, or age. DSA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you have interests in this position, please kindly send your cover letter and update English resume to firstname.lastname@example.org