Senior Associate / Manager, International Business Advisory (ASEAN Desk)
Location: Indonesia, Jakarta
Function: International Business Advisory
- Meet independently or as a team with existing or potential clients to introduce DSA’s services, to discuss client needs, and to advise on strategic business, operational, legal, tax, and accounting, payroll and IT issues affecting their business plans;
- Prepare service proposals and legal contracts and follow up with potential clients to conclude agreements for the provision of services;
- Manage leads and clients in our proprietary CRM system;
- Act as project leader on multi-discipline and/or multi-country projects
- Serve as a representative of Dezan Shira & Associates at business and community events;
- Expand DSAs client base and represent the firm locally and internationally as needed;
- Expand and build DSA brand in Indonesia; and
- Conceive of and develop new services together with DSA colleagues in China and SE Asia.
Consulting and Project / Account Management:
- Research Indonesia foreign direct investment, legal, tax, and accounting, labor and IT regulations and prepare to discuss the application of such research to the client’s situation;
- Work together as needed with other DSA professionals to deliver DSA services to clients;
- Assist in coordinating the completion of deliverables and managing strategic relationships;
- Communicate with clients about their needs and assist in resolving problems to the client’s satisfaction.
- Conduct legal, administrative and liaison tasks in order to set up corporate structures in Indonesia such as PT PMAs, domestic corporations or Representative Offices. This work will not be done independently but conjunction with our Indonesia team and/or partner(s) firm(s).
- Apply for Work Permits (KITAS) on behalf of our clients and liaising/following up with the Ministry of Manpower to track the status of such applications until their approval.
- Work together with partner(s) firm(s) in order to deliver ad-hoc legal work to the clients, including but not limited legal opinions/reports, contracts and/or litigation matters.
Public Relations and Communication:
- Give ideas and contribution to articles, social media and presentations on matters of foreign investment in Indonesia independently or together with colleagues;
- Develop to the point of coordinating and developing relationships with local and International professional firms and organizations to further promote DSA’s services and to increase DSA’s exposure and its Asia Briefing publications and websites;
- Developing a solid partnership network with HR firms on a national basis (with a strong focus on Bali) in order to develop our new line of business focused on offshore hiring and employment of record.
- Excellent communication ability and ability to coordinate across departments
- Excellent spoken and written English beside Bahasa
- Reliable and accurate; ability to work as a good team player and team leader over cross-department and cross country projects
- Able to work effectively in a multicultural team and with western and local business leaders;
- Professional business demeanor and attitude
- Effective and persuasive communicator;
- High level of initiative and follow through;
- Friendly, polite and open; Detail oriented；
- Bachelor degree or higher, preferably majoring in accounting/tax, law or IT;
- Three to five years of professional work experience;
- Knowledge of Indonesia’s investment climate, as well as legal, accounting and tax principles; In addition, knowledge of HR and payroll processes / IT / Internal Control & Management a strong plus.
- Familiarity with business legal issues and legal contracts;
- Experience managing a multi-cultural team and cultivating a strong network of external vendors/partners.
- Competitive salary and career advancement opportunities
- Possibility to travel internationally and visit own home country on business trip
- Being part of a well-known and expanding organization in Asia
- Opportunity to be at the fore-front of strategic advisory in Asia with a talented and expanding team
If you have any interest in this position, please kindly send your cover letter and update resume to email@example.com