Working at Dezan Shira & Associates is about growth. That means developing skills, making a difference, and achieving goals to help colleagues and clients reach new heights.
Editor, India Briefing
Location: India, Delhi
Function: Asia Briefing Editorial
Role: Research & Editorial
Dezan Shira & Associates (DSA) is a specialist foreign direct investment practice with a pan-Asia presence. The firm has grown into one of Asia's most versatile full-service consultancies with over 25 offices in China, Vietnam, Singapore, Indonesia, India and across the world.
DSA primarily provides legal, tax, technology and operational advisory to international corporate investors. The firm publishes business news and analysis through its subsidiary Asia Briefing (AB), which produces articles and magazines for India, China, Vietnam and ASEAN.
We are currently recruiting an editor to manage our India Briefing publication team, which functions as a leading source of India business news and analysis. We are interested in meeting candidates that would like to apply themselves in an entrepreneurial environment in Delhi.
Research and scanning
- Monitor business, industry, economic and financial news in Asian markets, primarily for India;
- Develop, maintain and update AB datasets and Asiapedia resources;
- Attend events and webinars relevant to the business community;
- Cultivate a network of sources for information on key industries and regions.
Content and publications management
- Develop content schedule;
- Create, pitch, and develop content ideas for AB content network, primarily for India;
- Draft and edit articles independently to a high professional standard for online publications like magazine and business guides.
- Develop magazine and guide schedule in coordination with regional marketing and sales teams and managing editor on a quarterly basis;
- Execute magazine and guide production to deadline and work with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with design, digital marketing and web development for publications;
- Work proactively with local marketing, business intelligence and service managers to ensure that content meets service requirements.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Educational background in regional, business, economic or political studies; a degree in commerce, tax or law strongly preferred;
- Two years of experience in formal research, editorial work and/or international business issues;
- Experience working with a content management system like Wordpress;
- Ability to produce professional research on complex issues and developments;
- Ability to work independently in a deadline-driven environment;
- Demonstrable interest and understanding of India and its regulatory or business environment;
- Interest in leading a well-known business publication in India;
- Interest in working with a multinational corporation.
Editors typically conduct research, write at least two articles a week, and develop regional and thematic specializations. The position is an ideal opportunity for individuals that would like to work in a positive, constructive and supportive environment.
DSA is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age. DSA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Applications should include a cover letter that does not exceed 300 words (please indicate dates of availability and salary expectations) and a CV that does not exceed two pages. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide a writing sample and complete a short writing exercise.