Working at Dezan Shira & Associates is about growth. That means developing skills, making a difference, and achieving goals to help colleagues and clients reach new heights.
Business Editor, India Briefing
Location: India, Delhi
Function: Asia Briefing Editorial
Dezan Shira & Associates (DSA) is a specialist foreign direct investment practice with a pan-Asia presence. The firm has grown into one of Asia's most versatile full-service consultancies with over 25 offices in India, Vietnam, Singapore, Indonesia, China, and across the world.
Business Editors work within the firm’s Asia Briefing (AB) Editorial & Research team to monitor and analyze foreign investment and business-related information and write, edit, and publish business intelligence targeted for foreign investors with planned or existing operations in emerging Asia. AB publishes business news and analysis, including articles and magazines covering legal, tax, and operational advisory for its audiences of international corporate investors interested in India, Vietnam, ASEAN markets, and China.
We are currently recruiting a Business Editor who will be responsible for content production on the India Briefing website, which is a leading source of India business news and analysis. This role combines aspects of journalism, business consulting, and legal/taxation advisory to produce client reports and public-facing print products with an emphasis on the practical side of doing business in India.
We are interested in meeting candidates that would like to apply themselves in an entrepreneurial environment, preferably in New Delhi.
- Monitor business, industry, economic, and financial news in Asian markets, primarily for India.
- Create, pitch, and develop content ideas for AB content network, primarily for India.
- Draft and edit articles independently to a high professional standard for online publications, magazines, or business guides.
- Occasionally attend lectures or events in line with ongoing research.
- Execute magazine and guide production to deadline and work with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with design, digital marketing, and web development for publications.
- Work proactively with local marketing, business intelligence, and service managers to ensure that content meets service requirements.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Excellent level of English writing, reading, and comprehension skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Educational background in Journalism, PR & Communications, Business, Law, Economics, Regional or Political Studies. A background in tax may be an asset.
- Minimum two years’ experience in formal research, analysis, editorial, and international business issues.
- Ability to produce professional research on complex issues and developments.
- Ability to work independently in a deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrable interest and understanding of India and its regulatory or business environment.
- Interest in working with a multinational corporation.
- Current resident of Delhi NCR, Mumbai, or Bangalore.
Business Editors typically conduct research, write at least 4-5 articles a week, and develop regional and thematic specializations. The position is an ideal opportunity for individuals that would like to work in a positive, constructive, and supportive environment.
DSA is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. DSA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Applications should include a cover letter that does not exceed 300 words (please indicate dates of availability and salary expectations) and a CV that does not exceed two pages. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide a writing sample and complete a short writing exercise.
If you are interested in this position, please login and apply below or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.