Working at Dezan Shira & Associates is about growth. That means developing skills, making a difference, and achieving goals to help colleagues and clients reach new heights.
Senior Associate, Marketing
Location: China, Guangzhou; Shenzhen
Dezan Shira & Associates (DSA) is a specialist foreign direct investment practice with a pan-Asia presence. DSA has grown into one of Asia's most versatile full-service consultancies, primarily providing market entry, legal, tax, accounting, HR and operational advisory to international corporate investors, from our more than 20 offices across Mainland China, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Singapore, Indonesia and India. DSA’s subsidiary Asia Briefing (AB), publishes business news and analysis in the form of articles and magazines which are regionally focused through its sub-brands, China Briefing, Vietnam Briefing, ASEAN Briefing, India Briefing and others.
It is an exciting time to join the Marketing team. A year of COVID-19 has changed the marketing and business development environment, creating new paths for growth and innovation. As a firm, we are developing new capabilities in mixed media, digital and marketing automation for more effective multi-channel campaigns, to produce higher market engagement and conversion. A stronger, on the ground presence is also needed to develop further our relationship with different stakeholders, organizations, foreign missions, clients of the firms and Briefings readers.
Reporting to the Group Marketing Director and working closely with our International Business Advisory team, this role coordinates the planning and execution of brand-consistent promotional campaigns that contribute to and leverage Dezan Shira & Associates’ (DSA’s) ever-advancing mixed medium group marketing tools and capabilities, across multiple channels, in order to enhance and grow our brand value and image, our readership and event engagement, our partner eco-system and to contribute to lead generation. Your primary market is the South China region (GZ, SZ, HK), and will also carry select business lines / international desk markets as secondary focuses.
If you have relevant marketing, business development, sales or CSR experience, and are motivated to help us with lead development and customer engagement, we would look forward to speaking with you!
Market and Campaign Responsibilities:
- Organize an ongoing pipeline of campaigns for your assigned regions and business lines, which you run, in order to grow our brand awareness, readership/audiences, and leads generation;
- Promote DSA’s news, briefings and thought leadership in relation to foreign direct investment and operations in China leveraging various mediums, such as social media, email, events and others;
- Maintain a monthly pipeline of planned events and media, including organizing and moderating speaking events and short media productions for technical experts and advisory staff;
- Manage and grow Dezan Shira & Asia Briefing’s print and digital publications distribution channels in PRD-HK, including stock take management of all printed materials.
- Coordinate with design for the creation and distribution of effective marketing collateral, including e-newsletters, e-flyers, brochures, direct marketing, social posts, and case study materials;
- Act as first responder to media enquiries and help to coordinate interview requests across the firm.
- Provide regular campaign and monthly activity and performance reports;
- Actively and expansively liase and collaborate with other DSA marketing, editorial, business development and business line professionals, on internal and external projects;
- Drive and expand partner engagements and follow-ups with chamber of commerce, trade organizations, embassy & consulates, service providers, and other relevant organizations in the region;
- Act as a DSA and Asia Briefing representative at business and community networking events, in order to build new business connections, create awareness and identify potential leads and partners;
- Make individual contributions to the development of potential leads, clients, partners and stakeholders;
- Maintain updated CRM records, for leads, audience / subscribers, events, attendees, partners, journalists and other contacts, including relationship communications and activities;
General Role Responsibilities
- Drive multiple tasks efficiently with strong time management to meet quality and timeline goals.
- Regularly share ideas, topics and suggestions between marketing, editorial and business teams, to help promote and align thought leadership with practical realities and local insights;
- Develop and maintain a business understanding DSA services; Keep abreast of DSA’s latest publications every day to continually enhance your knowledge;
- Contribute to DSA and Asia Briefing weekly and monthly marketing meetings;
- Assist with intern/ employee recruitment when required, intern supervision, as they assist on projects, routine tasks, and on marketing research;
- Assist with group marketing projects as required from time to time.
Who we are looking for:
- A solid understanding of content marketing, in terms of digital, events and direct marketing
- An interest and knowledge of one or more of our China business areas: market entry, legal, tax, finance, HR, payroll, IT;
- Skilled and comfortable with giving internal and external presentations which represent the firm, marketing and BD interests.
- Strong initiative to lead new marketing campaigns
- A track record of developing business and partner relationships.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently under deadline
- Willingness to travel in the region
- Works very effectively across cultures and with different teams;
- 3+ years’ experience in marketing, media, or public relations within a B2B environment (within the professional services sector is desirable).
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field preferred
- Preferably, must currently be resident in the country of the open position.
- Native or Fluent Business English, with excellent communication skills; Other languages may be an asset.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM systems; Other software knowledge is a plus.
DSA is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. DSA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and cover letter (Include: your availability start and end date; Confirm if you match “Who we are looking for” and “Minimum Requirements” and tell us why you’re interested in this position) to firstname.lastname@example.org.