Working at Dezan Shira & Associates is about growth. That means developing skills, making a difference, and achieving goals to help colleagues and clients reach new heights.
Assistant Manager / Manager, International Business Advisory
Location: China, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Zhongshan, Dongguan
Function: International Business Advisory
Principal Responsibilities: (Essential Functions)
- Meet independently or as a team with existing or potential clients to introduce DSA’s services, discuss client needs, and advise on strategic business, operational, legal, tax, accounting, payroll, and IT issues affecting their business plans;
- Prepare service proposals and legal contracts and follow up with potential clients to conclude agreements for the provision of services;
- Act as project leader on multi-discipline and/or multi-country projects;
- Serve as a representative of Dezan Shira Associate at business and community events;
- Expand DSAs client base and represent the firm locally and internationally as needed;
- Conceive and develop new services together with DSA colleagues in China and SE Asia.
Consulting and Project / Account Management:
- Research China’s foreign direct investment, legal, tax, accounting, labor, and IT regulations and prepare to discuss the application of such research to the client’s situation;
- Work together as needed with other DSA professionals to deliver DSA services to clients;
- Assist in coordinating the completion of deliverables and managing strategic relationships;
- Communicate with clients about their needs and assist in resolving problems to the client’s satisfaction.
Public Relations and Communication:
- Develop to the point of writing articles and delivering presentations on matters of foreign investment in China and SE Asia independently or together with colleagues;
- Develop to the point of coordinating and developing relationships with local and International professional firms and organizations to further promote DSA’s services and to increase DSA’s exposure and its Asia Briefing publications and websites.
- Excellent communication ability and ability to coordinate across departments;
- Excellent spoken and written English， additional European and Chinese language skills a plus;
- Reliable and accurate; ability to work as a good team player and team leader over cross-department and cross-country projects;
- Able to work effectively in a multicultural team and with Western and local business leaders;
- Professional business demeanor and attitude;
- Effective and persuasive communicator;
- High level of initiative and follow through to solve clients’ challenges and provide solutions;
- Friendly, polite, and open; Detail oriented；
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably majoring in accounting/tax, law or IT;
- Two to five years of professional work experience;
- Knowledge of Chinese and Hongkong legal (especially commercial and labor law), accounting, and tax principles; In addition, knowledge of HR and payroll processes / IT / Internal Control & Management a strong plus.
- Familiarity with business legal, tax, and corporate issues and legal contracts.
- Maintain good relations across departments to resolve problems
- Effectively communicate with both internal and external clients.
- Opportunity to travel internationally and back to the home country over business visits
- Deliver projects to completion across the whole GBA (Incl. Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Donggguan, Zhongshan and Hong Kong).
- Competitive salary and career advancement opportunities;
- Possibility to travel internationally and visit own home country on business trip;
- Being part of a well-known and expanding organization in Asia;
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of strategic advisory in Asia with a talented and expanding team.
If you are interested in this position, please share the updated English resume to email@example.com.
Look forward to your joining!