Working at Dezan Shira & Associates is about growth. That means developing skills, making a difference, and achieving goals to help colleagues and clients reach new heights.
Location: China, Shanghai
Role: Assistant (Intern)
Dezan Shira & Associates (DSA) is a specialist foreign direct investment practice with a pan-Asia presence. The firm has grown into one of Asia's most versatile full-service consultancies with over 28 offices in China, Vietnam, Singapore, and India. DSA primarily provides legal, tax, and operational advisory to international corporate investors.
Asia Briefing (AB), a subsidiary of DSA, provides marketing for DSA and produces publications for China, Vietnam, ASEAN, and India. DSA manages a highly successful internship program for students and young professionals from across the world. Under this program, AB recruits, coaches, and mentors assistants to play a key role in our operations.
- Assist with the marketing of Dezan Shira & Associates and Asia Briefing services and products
- Coordinate, develop and maintain relationships with partners and improve media relations
- Organize and coordinate marketing campaigns and activities, including but not limited to events, media sponsorships, multimedia and syndication
- Tracking and analysis of marketing efforts and strategies
- Improve publication distribution channels and database
- Keep abreast of the latest China regulatory issues
- Assisting internal HR and administrative projects
Qualifications and Skills
- Background in marketing and business is preferred
- Understanding of China business environment, and interest in B2B marketing and China’s legal, tax and business environment
- Strong teamwork, communication and project management skills, experience in social media is better and
- Ability to multi-task and work independently under deadline
- Have an outgoing personality, also detail oriented
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, additional competence in Photoshop/ Illustrator/ Python is a strong plus
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken), conversational Chinese encouraged.
# Applicants must meet the requirements to work as an intern pursuant to China's labor law. Candidates should define preferred starting date (available period of internship) and current Chinese visa status.
The position is an ideal opportunity for individuals that would like to work in a positive, constructive, and supportive environment. We also provide a local stipend for basic costs.
DSA is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. DSA is proud to be an equal opportunity.