Editor, Asia Briefing - 4-6 month contract
Location: China, Shanghai
Function: Asia Briefing Editorial
Research and scanning
- Monitor business, industry, economic, and financial news in Asian markets, primarily for China;
- Develop, maintain, and update AB datasets and Asiapedia resources;
- Attend lectures and events relevant to the business community;
- Cultivate a network of sources for information on key industries and regions.
Content and publications management
- Develop content schedule;
- Create, pitch, and develop content ideas for AB content network, primarily for China;
- Draft and edit articles independently to a high professional standard for online publications like magazine and business guides.
- Develop magazine and guide schedule in coordination with regional marketing and sales teams and managing editor on a quarterly basis;
- Execute magazine and guide production to deadline and work with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with design, digital marketing, and web development for publications;
- Work proactively with local marketing, business intelligence, and service managers to ensure that content meets service requirements.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Educational background in regional, business, economic or political studies; A degree in tax or law strongly preferred;
- Two years of experience in formal research, editorial work, and international business issues;
- Experience working with a content management system like Wordpress;
- Ability to produce professional research on complex issues and developments;
- Ability to work independently in a deadline-driven environment;
- Demonstrable interest and understanding of China and its regulatory or business environment;
- Interest in leading a well-known business publication in China;
- Interest in working with a multinational corporation.
Editors typically conduct research, write at least two articles a week, and develop regional and thematic specializations. The position is an ideal opportunity for individuals that would like to work in a positive, constructive, and supportive environment.
DSA is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. DSA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Applications should include a cover letter that does not exceed 300 words (please indicate dates of availability and salary expectations) and a CV that does not exceed two pages. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide a writing sample and complete a short writing exercise.
If you are interested in this position, please login and apply below or write to email@example.com.