Human Resources & Payroll in China (Part 2 of 2) presented by Adam Livermore
- Title: Human Resources & Payroll in China (Part 2 of 2) presented by Adam Livermore
- Date: June 6th, 2012
Adam Livermore discusses the HR and Payroll situation in China. In this particular session, he took questions the audience had from the first podcast and provided clarifying, enlightening information.
• Basic information about the company's employees - name, social security #, bank account #, etc.
• 3 other types of files:
• Social Insurance information & House Fund information
• Overtime hours worked
• Special one-off allowances
2. What kind of special payments do companies in China usually use? When do firms find these payments to be strategic option?
• Bonuses - there are certain tax benefits associated with a one-off bonus
• Allowances - helps reward employees and create a form of differentiation without increasing the salary
3. How and when do companies in China typically give bonuses?
• Bonuses are generally given just before the China New Year
• Usually given on a one-off basis
• This strategy can lead to operational problems
< BACK TO LIBRARY