How will China’s New Foreign Investment Law Affect British Businesses?
Shanghai | December 06, 2019 | 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
On December 6th, Maria Kotova, Head of UK and Ireland Business Development at Dezan Shira & Associates, will provide insight on the new draft of the Foreign Investment Law at the British Business Briefing Shanghai 2019 Q4.
The global economy is slowing down and the Chinese economy remains under pressure with GDP averaging around 6.2% in the first three quarters of this year. How will the global economy slowdown and the on-going trade disputes impact the Chinese economy? How will the new Foreign Investment Laws affect UK businesses? Have the new Foreign Investment Law draft regulations helped alleviate investors’ previous concerns? What questions do the new draft regulations still fail to address? Join us at the British Business Briefing Shanghai where these questions will be answered within the context of the following topics:
- What does the new Foreign Investment Law (FIL) mean?
- Highlights of the new FIL including:
- How pre-establishment of the national treatment will affect Foreign Invested Enterprises (FIEs)?
- Would the corporate governance be amended?
- How would the existing FIEs be affected?
- What measures to protect lawful rights of the foreign investors and FIEs will be put in place?
- What is missing and what are the major concerns in relation to the new FIL?
The British Business Briefing is organized by China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) that Dezan Shira & Associates has been in close collaboration for year. The UK & Ireland Desk at Dezan Shira is dedicated to providing support to British businesses and helping them navigate the complicated regulatory landscape in China and anticipate potential legal risks in the ever-changing business environment. Our team provides expert advice to ensure our clients maintain control of their Asian operations.
Please include that you are part of the Dezan Shira & Associates network when you RSVP. For more information and to sign up, please click here.