Senior Marketing Associate
Location: China, Shanghai
Dezan Shira & Associates (DSA) is a specialist foreign direct investment practice with a pan-Asia presence. The firm has grown into one of Asia's most versatile full-service consultancies with over 28 offices in China, Vietnam, Singapore, and India. DSA primarily provides legal, tax, and operational advisory to international corporate investors.
Asia Briefing (AB) is a subsidiary of DSA that produces publications and provides marketing services. The marketing team is spread across China, Vietnam, ASEAN, and India and consists of a diverse array of professionals from across the world.
AB is currently hiring a Senior Associate to be located in our Shanghai office. The associate will be responsible for regional east China marketing and increasing the profile of the firm at a group level.
The associate will focus on east China region in creating marketing activities, creative initiatives that increases the firm’s online and offline reach. The primary responsibility will be organizing regular business events and marketing products for the region, enhancing the local partnership with chambers and consulates, creating website promotional content, including for social media channels.
Secondary functional areas include regional media partnerships and sponsorships, publication distribution, and contributing to group marketing campaigns and international marketing support. The associate will also lead China marketing associates and assistants for other regions.
- Responsible for increasing the profile of the firm in China, with special focus on east China, and leadership for North China and South China marketing;
- Create marketing strategies with initiatives that increase awareness of the firm’s services in the business community and leads for regional business development;
- Promote the firm’s thought leadership in the area of foreign direct investment;
- Oversee the development and execution of company marketing campaign in the timeline, including coordinated with other regions like Vietnam, Singapore, India, UK, US, etc;
- Lead and organize east china marketing campaigns and events and track the results by monitoring lead generation;
- Develop and maintain partner relationships including chamber of commerce, trade agencies, medias, event organizations, syndication partners etc.;
- Compose marketing collaterals in coordination with service teams;
- Advise on improvements of China digital and social media channels such as WeChat;
- Arrange and host weekly and monthly marketing meetings
- Recruit and manage junior associates/interns in the north and south with performance of routine tasks.
Desired candidates have:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Good event management skills
- Strong understanding of content marketing, and an interest in China’s legal, tax and business environment
- Good communication and team management skills
- Strong initiative to lead new marketing campaigns
- Ability to multi-task and work independently under deadline
- Willingness to travel in the region
- Good in written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; knowledge of other software a plus
- Study and/or work experience overseas a strong plus
- Competitive salary and career advancement opportunities
- Being part of a well-known and expanding organization in Asia
- Practical experience for content marketing and partnership management
- Opportunities to join international conferences and events to learn market frontiers and build up professional network
- Freedom to conduct new campaigns and projects
- Experience working in an international team
AB and DSA are committed to creating a diverse work environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. AB and DSA are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.