Chet Scheltema is a Director for Dezan Shira & Associates. Based in Hong Kong, he and professionals at Dezan Shira & Associates assist in the formulation of a China and Southeast Asia investment strategy and then guide investors through the process of establishing, maintaining, and expanding their business in the region.
Chet focuses on the following areas:
- Corporate structuring and Joint Venture establishment and negotiation
- Mergers & acquisition, organizational restructuring and divestiture
- Corporate accounting, financial analysis, and due diligence
- Corporate tax and VAT advisory
- Cross-border transactional support services
- Commercial negotiations and contract preparation
Chet has been a member of the International Business Advisory team in China for four years. Prior to joining Dezan Shira & Associates, he was Director of Property and Real Estate at CNOOC in Beijing. He also practiced corporate law in New York, Washington D.C., Seattle and San Diego and holds a law degree (JD) from the University of Illinois and an MBA from Cambridge University.