Our collection of resources based on what we have learned on the ground

Which types of licenses are required for import and export in China and what is the process of applying for these licenses?


There are numerous licenses that are required when setting up a company for import and export. Some of the licenses are required during the incorporation process and when trading food, drugs or medical devices and the investors will need to get the specific license in prior to the business license. After the company is set up, it is essential to apply for an import/export license. First of all, the company needs to apply for Foreign Trade Operator Filing with the local branch of the Ministry of Commerce. Then, the company needs to register with customs and with the China inspection and Quarantine Bureau to register and record-file. After that, register with e-port and lastly, they need to register foreign currency exchange with the local branch of the State Administration of Foreign Exchange.

Return to search



Type of resource


Subscribe to receive latest insights directly to your inbox

Subscribe Now