Taxation Challenges Generated from Cross-Border Activities in an Era of Transparency
Virtual Panel Discussion | July 8, 2021 | 10:55 AM Vietnam / 11:55 AM Singapore / 9:25 AM India
In recent years, the development of global taxation regulations and compliance with worldwide action plans have received unprecedented attention, resulted from authorities’ determination to tackle tax evasion and avoidance. Vietnamese multinational companies are faced with an upgraded tax system and a host of complex issues. This panel discusses issues and measures to improve corporate tax efficiency during cross-border investment against this backdrop.
Key Points to Address
- How will Vietnam’s newest legal frameworks influence cross-border structures and transactions?
- What are the considerations, challenges, and constraints for Vietnamese enterprises in terms of structuring tools, given that the environment for corporations conducting cross-border planning is getting tougher?
- What corresponding measures or legitimate action can be taken to maximize tax compliance while retaining legal flexibility, based on business substance and investment plans?
- How has this been reshaping enterprises’ outbound investments in Vietnam?
- What are the specific areas where enterprises need to proceed cautiously from the perspective of tax mitigation?
- Thang Vu, Tax Manager – Dezan Shira & Associates
- Pierre Vanrenterghem, General Manager, RBA – Rosemont Business Asia
- Dang Ngoc Huong, Country Partner, DS Avocats
This panel discussion is part of the sixth Asia Offshore Forum 2021, an annual event for professionals to update industry knowledge, seek partnership, and accelerate offshore industry development in the Asia-Pacific region. Asia Briefing is pleased to be the Knowledge partner of the event.
This year, the two-day Asia Offshore Forum on 7-8 July is presented fully virtual under a global new normal. Through presentations, workshops, and panel discussions, the forum will discuss the most pressing issues on private wealth management, wealth preservation, and succession planning solutions, outbound offshore investments, cross-border taxation update, and corporate structuring from the perspectives of Vietnam and the globe.
Click HERE to register and use the code ‘AOFDSA’ for a complimentary full conference pass (Value of HKD 5,600 per ticket) to the event
For more information, please contact Trang Nguyen (Jasmine).