Profit Repatriation from India: Tax Implications, DTAAs, and Transfer Pricing Provisions
Webinar | January 27, 2021 | 2:30 PM India Time / 4:00 PM Vietnam Time / 5:00 PM China Time
Prior to investing in India, companies must know how to repatriate their profits from the country. There are various schemes and regulations that limit how much money can be remitted from India and for what purpose.
Managing profits and repatriating funds can often be daunting for foreign companies operating in India as it involves various inter-connected local and international laws and regulations - such as The Companies Act, The Foreign Exchange Management Act, relevant income tax regulations, Double Tax Avoidance Agreements, as well as transfer pricing rules.
In this environment, foreign investors need to understand and incorporate a profit repatriation strategy from the very beginning to ensure access to the profits earned.
On 27 January 2021, International Business Advisory Manager Sonakshi Sood will discuss taxation for foreign companies in India and profit management strategies for avoiding long term tax and regulatory complications.
Sonakshi’s presentation will include:
- Tax liabilities imposed on foreign companies
- How Double Tax Treaties affect transactions
- Effect of Transfer Pricing management on related party transactions (RPTs)
- Additional reporting requirements and liabilities for foreign companies when filling for withholding tax (WHT)
- How companies use Transfer Pricing as a mechanism to repatriate profits
To register, please click here.