Assistant Manager, Business Intelligence
Location: Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City
Function: Business Intelligence
Dezan Shira’s Business Intelligence Department is looking for a driven Assistant Manager to take charge of project delivery in Vietnam. Candidate will be an independent self-starter with prior project management experience and a strong understanding of Vietnam’s business environment.
Dezan Shira’s Business Intelligence Department provides management consulting services to companies expanding into new markets across Asia. Key services include: Market Research, Market Entry Strategy Development, Site Selection, and Business Matching.
• Manage Business Intelligence advisory projects focused on Vietnam
• Accompany clients on visits to potential partners, industrial zones, and other locations of interest.
• Assist business development staff during client meetings and in the preparation of service proposals.
• Build a network of contacts with industrial zones, research agencies, and other parties of interest.
• Work with in the delivery of cross-country business intelligence projects.
• Develop and manage a team of junior associates and interns.
• Outstanding communication (written and spoken) in English and Vietnamese. Role will require composition of reports in English and emails in both languages.
• Familiarity with international law, particularly with trade agreements; knowledge of Vietnamese legal system a plus.
• Strong understanding of statistical data and ability to draw insights from portals such as Trademap.org, the World Bank, the IMF.
• Fluency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Bachelor degree or above in economics, political economy, law, or business
• 1-2 years full-time related working experiences in research, consulting, or in a foreign company doing business internationally.
• At least 1 year of direct project management or business development experience preferred.
• Maintain good relations within and across departments to increase cross selling opportunities
• Work effectively under pressure
• Master new skills with little support under tight timeframes
• Communicate effectively across geographic and cultural barriers with team members from China, India, EU, USA, and Australia
• Report directly to Dezan Shira’s Manager of Business Intelligence while working closely with business development and marketing staff within Vietnam to promote and sell services.
More information on Dezan Shira’s Business Intelligence Department can be found here.
Interested parties please send CV and cover letter to Maxfield.Brown@dezshira.com.