Editorial Assistant (Singapore)
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Function: Asia Briefing Editorial
Role: Assistant (Intern)
Dezan Shira & Associates (DSA) is a specialist foreign direct investment practice with a pan-Asia presence. The firm has grown into one of Asia's most versatile full-service consultancies with over 28 offices in China, Vietnam, Singapore, and India. DSA primarily provides legal, tax, and operational advisory to international corporate investors.
The firm publishes business news and analysis through its subsidiary Asia Briefing (AB), which produces articles and magazines for China, Vietnam, ASEAN, and India. The editorial team consists of a diverse array of professionals from across the world with experience in academia, professional services, business intelligence, and journalism.
DSA manages a highly successful internship program for students and young professionals from across the world. Under this program, AB recruits, coaches, and mentors Editorial Assistants to play a key role in our editorial operations. We are currently recruiting interns on a rolling basis for our Singapore office.
The Editorial Assistant will assume the following roles:
- Monitor business, economic, and political news in Asian markets, such as China, Southeast Asia, and India
- Develop, maintain and update AB datasets
- Research and analyze complex economic, market, business and regulatory issues
- Create, pitch, and develop content ideas for AB content network, including China Briefing, Vietnam Briefing, ASEAN Briefing, and India Briefing
- Draft articles for the AB content network, including website articles, magazines, guides, thought leadership reports, case studies
- Cultivate a network of sources for information on key industries and regions
- Participate in marketing and business development activities when necessary
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Educational background in regional, business, economic, legal or political studies
- Exposure to formal research, editorial work and/or international business issues in Asia
- Ability to produce professional research on complex issues and developments
- Ability to work independently in a deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrable interest in Asia and/or its business environment
- Interest in developing a career as a journalist, editor, analyst, or consultant
- Interest in working with a multinational corporation to help foreign investors succeed
The advantages of working for us:
- A formal position title
- Editorial and professional training from senior staff
- Frequent opportunities for article bylines
- Opportunity to develop a regional or thematic specialization
- Ability to serve in multiple regional offices
- Capstone projects for professional portfolios
- Career advancement opportunities, including networking and full-time positions
- Identification with a well-known regional publication
Editorial Assistants typically conduct research, write at least one article a week, and develop a specialization during a three or six month internship. Many Assistants use this experience to improve their writing, gain a publication history, learn about business in Asia, and/or make a transition in the job market. You may review previous Assistants’ experiences here.
The position is an ideal opportunity for individuals that would like to work in a positive, constructive, and supportive environment. We also provide a local stipend for basic costs.
DSA is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. DSA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter that does not exceed 300 words and a CV that does not exceed two pages to ASBhr@dezshira.com. ASBhr@dezshira.com