Working at Dezan Shira & Associates is about growth. That means developing skills, making a difference, and achieving goals to help colleagues and clients reach new heights.
Senior Associate/Manager, International Business Advisory
Location: Other Regions, Bangkok, Thailand
Function: International Business Advisory
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Function: International Business Advisory
Role: Senior Associate/Manager
Dezan Shira & Associates (DSA) is a leading pan-Asia professional services firm with strong legal/HR/accounting/tax/business intelligence/IT service offerings throughout China, Hong Kong, Singapore, India, Vietnam, Indonesia, and Mongolia, as well as liaison operations in the US, Italy, and Germany. DSA mainly helps corporate investors enter and grow their business in Asia.
As part of DSA’s internationalization strategy, DSA is anticipating its next investment and market entry for Thailand and is looking for a trusted professional to be the face of the firm on the ground in Bangkok, explore business opportunities and liaise directly between DSA’s clients/leads and establish and nurture a strong local partner network. DSA offers this unique position to one motivated professional who is willing to grow with DSA in one of Asia’s most dynamic markets.
- Meet independently with existing or potential clients to introduce DSA’s services, to discuss client needs, and to advise on strategic business, operational, legal, tax, and accounting, payroll, and IT issues affecting their business plans;
- Prepare service proposals and legal contracts and follow up with potential clients to conclude agreements for the provision of services;
- Manage leads and clients in our proprietary CRM system;
- Act as project leader on multi-discipline and/or multi-country projects
- Serve as a representative of DSA at business and community events;
- Expand DSA’s client base and represent the firm locally and internationally as needed;
- Expand and build DSA brand in Thailand; and
- Conceive of and develop new services together with DSA colleagues in China and ASEAN.
Consulting and Project / Account Management:
- Research Thailand foreign direct investment, legal, tax, and accounting, labor and IT regulations and prepare to discuss the application of such research to the client’s situation;
- Work together as needed with other DSA professionals, and establish strong relationships with local partners (law firms, accountancies, professional service providers) in Thailand to deliver DSA services to clients;
- Assist in coordinating the completion of deliverables and managing strategic relationships;
- Communicate with clients about their needs and assist in resolving problems to the client’s satisfaction.
Public Relations and Communication:
- Give ideas and contributions to articles, social media, and presentations on matters of foreign investment in Thailand independently or together with colleagues;
- Develop to the point of coordinating and developing relationships with local and international professional firms and organizations to further promote DSA’s services and to increase DSA’s exposure and its Asia Briefing Ltd. publications and websites;
- Developing a solid partnership network with HR firms on a national basis to develop our new line of business focused on offshore hiring and employment of record.
- Excellent communication ability and ability to independently coordinate across departments and the partner network
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Native/professional Thai skills a plus
- Reliable and accurate; ability to work as a good team player and team leader over cross-department and cross country projects;
- Able to work effectively in a multicultural team and with Western and local business leaders;
- Professional business demeanor and attitude;
- Effective and persuasive communicator;
- High level of initiative and follow-through;
- Friendly, polite, open, and detail-oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably majoring in business/economics, accounting/tax, law, or IT;
- Master’s degree a plus
- 3-5 years of professional work experience;
- Knowledge of Thailand’s investment climate, as well as legal, accounting, and tax principles;
- Knowledge of HR and payroll processes/IT/internal control and management is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with business legal issues and legal contracts;
- Experience managing a multi-cultural team and cultivating a strong network of external vendors/partners.
- Competitive salary
- Career advancement opportunities through being the first DSA employee in a growing market where DSA is likely to expand further
- Possibility to travel internationally on business trips
- Being part of a well-known and expanding organization in Asia
- Opportunity to be at the fore-front of strategic advisory in Asia with a talented and expanding team
If you have any interest in this position, please kindly send your update English resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Look forward to your joining. Thanks!