International Business Advisory Assistant (French Speaking)
Location: China, Shanghai
Function: Asia Briefing Editorial
Role: Assistant (Intern)
Locations: Shanghai (China)
Type of internship: French International Business Advisory
Duration: 3 to 6 months
Key Responsibilities: Providing assistance on the French Desk:
- Conducting research on legal, tax and finance matters in China and in the wider Asia region.
- Writing articles in French and/or English related to foreign direct investment (FDI) in China and in the wider Asia region.
- Producing other forms of marketing content as required.
- Translating existing articles and existing marketing material from English into French.
- Assistance with the management of existing relationships with French Desk partners and French Desk clients.
- Assistance with the development of new relationships with potential French Desk partners and potential French Desk clients.
Providing assistance on the International Business Adviosry (IBA) team:
- Conducting client development–related research projects.
- Assisting the IBA team in all aspects of client development and account management.
- Assisting in organizing prospective client meetings and documenting discussions.
- Preparing power point presentations, proposals and engagement contracts for prospective clients.
- Attending client development events and serving as a representative of Dezan Shira & Associate
Qualification & Skills required
- Strong English and French-language writing and speaking skills
- Communication skills, and desire to meet and interact with Western businessmen
- Knowledge of tax, accounting, law and foreign investment
- Business development and sales skills and experience
- Detail-oriented, sense of responsibility and commitment to a team
- Interest in the Asia business and investment environment
- Proactive worker that demonstrate initiative
- Graduate or currently studying for a university degree, business or law major (desirable but not required)
- Applicants must meet the requirements to work as an intern pursuant to China's labor law