Human Resources & Payroll in China (Part 2 of 2) presented by Adam Livermore
Country of Origin: Great Britain
Office: Dalian Office
1. What are the basic inputs in the monthly HR process?
• Basic information about the company's employees - name, social security #, bank account #, etc.
• 3 other types of files:
• Social Insurance information & House Fund information
• Overtime hours worked
• Special one-off allowances
2. What kind of special payments do companies in China usually use? When do firms find these payments to be strategic option?
• Bonuses - there are certain tax benefits associated with a one-off bonus
• Allowances - helps reward employees and create a form of differentiation without increasing the salary
3. How and when do companies in China typically give bonuses?
• Bonuses are generally given just before the China New Year
• Usually given on a one-off basis
• This strategy can lead to operational problems